Sunday, June 10, 2007

my job is up for grabs :(

Continental Oil company of Libya
A ConocoPhillips Company

The Continental Oil Company of Libya (COCL) is a company of ConocoPhillips, an integrated petroleum company with interests around the world. COCL is one of the second Parties to the Waha concession. COCL is seeking qualified candidates to consider for the following position.

Executive Secretary to President & General Manager

AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. To represent the President’s & GM’s Office as the first line of contact, to ensure each situation is attended to professionally, effectively, and efficiently with the degree of confidentiality required.
2. Handle administrative responsibilities for the President & GM to include incoming calls, requests for appointments, and mail and provide assistance in establishing priorities.
3. Ensure responses are timely, appropriate, and accurate on behalf of the President & GM whether written or orally communicated.
4. Coordinate the calendar of activities for the President & GM, to include scheduling of meetings with Corporate Management and Government agencies, functions to be attended, travel arrangements required, and communication of the protocol expectations.
Plan and coordinate external Company functions.
6. Provide information about protocol to the President & GM, whether to receive guests in the office, entertain outside the office, attend meetings with foreign, as well as, local dignitaries, or in developing responses to requests received from local and international sources.
7. Maintain an orderly office environment for the President & GM and act in a resourceful manner to resolve issues as appropriate.
8. To acquire or utilize the resources at hand in an effective manner using sound stewardship principles to ensure that the objectives of the actions expected by the President & GM are achieved.

REQUIRED SKILLS

1. Technical skills, to include the ability to effectively use all Microsoft office tools.
2. Highly knowledgeable and familiar about the local culture, customs, and protocol requirements.
3. Organizational skills, with the ability to keep things in order and to react quickly on short notice to initiate appropriate actions.
4. Strong communication skills, written and oral Arabic & English.
5. Interpersonal and networking skills to be able to work in a team environment; to influence others to work on the steps needed to achieve a successful conclusion.

If interested in a position, pleas email your curriculum vitae or resume to COPTO@conocophillips.com with a cover letter explaining in detail how you meet the qualifications of the position and key factors as to why you should be selected for the position.

Deadline for submitting information to be considered for this position is 21 June 2007

22 comments:

Lost-Libyan said...

lol...I dont think I meet the requirements of this job, but im sending my resume to keep u busy anyways! lol:P

a_akak said...

lol........... i think i am a bit over qualified :P and i am sure they must be promoting you ;) if your job is up for grabs and keep us updated as i really wanna go home :(, they not looking for engineers ?

Fe Aman Allah

DaMoon said...

Lost-Libyan; lol go ahead and send ur resume and no I won't be getting it..lol they go to HR dep. and they don't need more work, trust me..lol

Ahmed; sheno over qualified hadi mta3ik? sheno galolik...lol lawo sama7it men gheer tlgee7..lol
I am quitting ya gameel, I need a part-time job after I get married so, me can't do full-time
and yes I'll let u know kana ubo mikaniki seyarat o Tobboaat ya mta3 ettoboaat :p ya over qualified :p

Anonymous said...

ME LIKE

Happymoi said...

Hope things work out well for you......

im sure they will miss you at ur work place!!!

yallah inshallah rabi yufta7ah 3aleek:) i laughed so hard at the comment directed to AKAK..lol mekanki tobowattttttt loooooooooooooooooool

a_akak said...

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak thank you for that laugh and sometimes my friends say that as well "khaleek fe al-toobowatt"

Thanks,

Happymoi said...

loooooooooool
i guess ya akak you have lots of nicknames...

piccolina said...

any architects needed ???? shin hada ??? nobody asks for archtects loool
sorry sweetie for getting off the job inshallah u'll get a batter one soon ;)
salam

Boy, Interrupted said...

bahi gedash y7'also?

DaMoon said...

Happymoi; rabna esma3 menek ya habibti, but honestly I don't wanna start looking till 3 months later..lol I neeed a loooooooong break..lol but yah u r right they'll miss me "i7im" no honestly I am a loud person, "in a good way" when I go on vacation egololi elmakitb kan hodooooo2 :p I'll miss it too wallahi, I love working here although they get on my nerves sometimes, but they'r all good ppl and pleasent work enviroment "sob" :(

LOL @ Ahmed, glad u r proud of being da tobowat expert...lol well "such as life"..lol jk bro kana mesh menkum into mta3 etobowat rahu mesh hada 7alna :p

Piccolina; la mazal ma eboosh mohandseen...lol probably my company would be da wrong place for u...lol :(

BI, ya maddi, 7ashmtni Allah e7ashmik, "edniya mesh floos rahu" ba3deen 7asab elkhbra ekhalso :p

a_akak said...

:D a small fact, all the oil that you guys pump has to be transported, guess how? yes toobooat :D

MaySoon said...

Ok I quit Marathon one year ago and I still miss it :o( I am sure it is gonna be the same for you.. :oD yalla ma3lish we know we can always go back..j/k
you can work part time with Dad, can you?..lool

DaMoon said...

LOL stop showing off Ahmed lol

maysoon; nope thanks...lol I don't think my dad will hire me anyway!

a_akak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a_akak said...

Why dont you take a 1 year unpaid leave and see what happens, if you miss it then after a year just go back, and if you dont miss it and u r happy and content then you just hand in your resignation.......... hope things workout for the best for you and i am 100% sure you are a great asset for any company :) ........ see i can say nice things as well :P

DaMoon said...

Thanks Ahmed..lol u proved me wrong :p
well, I like ur idea but, under one condition I'll work with them again and that "if" they offer me a part-time job and of course a different position cuz my position required a full-time person...so I told my boss, if I come back and u have something for me, sure I'll happily accept, if not, Allah ghalib :(

Anglo-Libyan said...

I am sure your employers will be sorry to see you leave but thats life.

best of luck in what ever you decide to do inshaAlah.

mani said...

Salam Damoon. Like your sis Maysoon said you needent worry about a job inshallah, especially since you have experience. it'll come. Try and focus on having a great time and the extended vacation with your husband ha? :)

Take care of yourself sis

a_akak said...

DaMoon: If I was you, ask them for a year unpaid (dont tell them anything about the part-time) until you get a commitment from their behalf, once you have insured a year unpaid that means you are still an employee with them and after say 6 month you come into the office and demand a part-time........ As long as u r just on "holiday" paid or unpaid u r still a staff and u will have a stronger position to bargain with them and within 6-8 month you will have a clearer picture

Think about it :)

Fe aman allah

Hiba said...

im sure 2 they will miss you at ur work

Lebeeya said...

Aw, its difficult leaving a job you are so used. Good luck! I think getting a part time job is a great idea, but not right away. Take a year off or something, enjoy your new life with your husband :)

all the best :)

Happymoi said...

damoooooon: update plz..i know things must be crazy at ur side..but im fine with a paragraph..a sentence update..just so i know u r alife and well:)