Monday, February 12, 2007

I’ve never seen mbakbka having identity crisis until today!

A month a go we changed our lunch plan here at work, we improved from burgers, pizza, chicken tabona gross street food, to the company “cook” staying in the guest house, making us fresh food... “soup and salad” day and “sandwiches and salad” second day…and we’ve gone from sandwiches to lasagna to spagattie to meat and fries pie too BELIEVE IT OR NOT “Mbakbka”…lol I totally cracked up laughing today when I saw da so –mbakbka-wanna-be!! Ok for a start it was not jariya at all so by my standards that’s not mbakbka, so the poor mbkbka was more like makrona salsa mkhalta fe ba3dha with tiny tiny very tiny beef cubes I just don’t know how he cut it that tiny, and same size for potato, wallahi how tiny they are they made the chickpeas “homos” look HUGE…so the above was only by looking at it, then when I tried the first mouth full, I couldn’t distinguish the taste, hiki bantha grfa “cinnamon” walla 7rarat you know the stuff you sprinkle over reshtet kskas so it tasted more like reshtet ksaks than mbakbka and it also tasted like Indian/Philippino food….oh did I mention that the cook Yoyo, that’s his name is Philippino..so what he does best is Asian food, chicken noodles soup, Asian salads,so my advise to Yoyo to stick to those dishes and stay away from making Libyan soup, he made it twice, and I couldn’t eat it from how fatty it was, I thought it was made with chicken but when the white piece flipped over it was a gross surprise YUCK “hasha ena3ma” it was actually la7ma ya3ni lamb laken white from how much fat it has on it :( yuck yuck yuckkkk….anywayz, I am very greatful of our lunch plan alhamduliallah, the only thing we need to do is sit down with Yoyo and give him guidance for better future lunches :)

6 comments:

MaySoon said...

lol well for some reason that mbakba sounds yummy to me! or is it just that I am hungry dunno...

Yes what you suggested is good, you or L write down some guidelines and suggestions for him, on what you guys like, I am sure that will make it easier for him to cook, you know if you know what you are cooking that is half the effort!

Lebeeya said...

LOL! Mabrook to your new lunch plan but when its "Mbakbka day" you should take the role as the 'cook' and yoyo mr. yoyo out of the kitchen!

taybi el mbakbka libyan style (no girfa, put 7ilba lol), and dont forget to o'3sil el mo3eeen afterwards :)

DaMoon said...

haha DAMN, I'll make sure we yoyo his a** out of da kitchen kana taiebha mara tania...lol
Maysoon wallahi mesh yummy bokel knowing how picky of an eater you are!

Anonymous said...

you are soooo funny!! you know that?

and yoyo is so meskeeeeeen and you guys are too.
seriously you need to talk to him, dont let him think he is doing well in the Libyan cusine..lol

the white SH7MA is sooooooo yucky as you said...floating on top of the soup...ewww

anyway it's a good idea to get rid of street junk food, but 7rarat in mbakbka is mmmmm DUM.

DaMoon said...

thanks ema..lol sha7ma is ewww big time and wallahi I am so happy we don't eat junk food anymore because I was really really sick of it to a point where I am sick of it..lol

piccolina said...

looool u made me laugh .ahhhh
ok just sit with this philipinoooo man and advice him about the right mbakbka .. even though i guess it's a dish that can't be eaten at work !!!
nice lunch plan lol " wink "